Firmware Engineer - St. Louis, MO
Company: Hubbell Incorporated
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Corporate Overview:Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and
has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical,
lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and
recognized around the world. As a market leader in reliable,
electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products
delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed
to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old
products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten
and Empower the communities that support us.Division
Overview:Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and
manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today,
HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication
utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the
business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage
transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used
by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil
construction, transportation, gas and water industries.Position
Overview:The Firmware Engineer provides technical excellence in
developing firmware associated with high volume electronic products
associated with the AMI industry. Participate in the development of
project plans including the review and evaluation of code and other
deliverables produced by the team. Participate in product
deployment and provide assistance in resolving customer technical
support issues. Function as technical expert when required.Duties
- Participate in the establishment of product and system use case
and requirements with other departments in the organization.
- Develop firmware functional specifications and requirements
documentation for new products.
- Develop project plans including cost estimates and schedules
for firmware development tasks.
- Develop firmware and associated unit and integration test
methods to ensure system meets requirements.
- Create, present, and publish test reports.
- Lead and participate in product development technical
- Ensure designs exceed requirements of governing agencies (e.g.,
FCC, FM, U/L, ANSI, etc.). Participate in verification testing
required to allow listing with these agencies, where
- Participate in development and maintenance of structured
- Analyze and resolve field problems. Perform root cause analysis
and determine effective preventive action(s).
- Guide and mentor junior engineers through proper firmware
design processes for high reliability firmware.
- Supervise and support the work and tasks of other engineers on
project teams.Education, Skills And Experience:
- Minimum of 5+ years' relevant experience and a BS degree in
Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or
related technical field.
- Experience in analysis, design, coding, and testing C/C++ code
for embedded systems.
- 3 years' experience leading a development effort
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems
- Strong understanding of hardware interfaces.
- Advanced debugging/troubleshooting techniques.
- Working knowledge of source code control and defect tracking
- Well versed in static source code analysis tools/methods.
- Experience in developing design documentation (requirements,
flowcharts, data flow diagrams, state transition diagrams,
- Work equally well independently and at the direction of
- Good written, visual, and verbal communication and presentation
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.Preferred:
- Advanced Engineering Degree
- Experience with ARM and/or PIC microprocessors
- Competent user of Visio or other flowcharting tools
- Electronic communication systems background
- Experience with networking protocols
- Experience working with RF systems
- Experience in the utility industryHubbell Incorporated, its
subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA:
M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected
Keywords: Hubbell Incorporated, St. Louis , Firmware Engineer - St. Louis, MO, Engineering , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!