DevOps Engineer (Remote)
Company: Gray Digital
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 16, 2022
About The Role
Gray is a human-centered digital services company with a mission to
transform critical government services using design and technology.
We partner with government agencies to deliver digital solutions
that are purposeful, trustworthy and meet the needs of millions of
Americans. We're looking for the most tenacious and
mission-obsessed team members committed to nurturing a people-first
culture and reimagining how the government serves its citizens.
As a DevOps Engineer, you'll coordinate with program and project
leaders to analyze IT systems and network architecture using your
knowledge and skills to identify strategies for addressing
requirements, risks, and issues.
Are you passionate about untangling and redesigning government
services to better serve Americans? -Do you strive to do meaningful
work with a company that cares about its people's well-being? In
that case, -Gray is the right company for you.
What You'll Do:
- Design, build and configure applications to meet business
processes and application requirements.
- Analyze specific aspects of a given system and/or product's
architecture, design, coding, and performance.
- Identify issues and/or risks and document specific sources.
What You'll Bring:
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, electronics engineering,
or other engineering or technical discipline required. (8 years of
additional relevant experience may be substituted for
- Minimum 8+ years of DevOps experience required.
- Deep knowledge of AWS architecture and products. (EC2, Transit
Gateway, RDS, API Gateway, S3, etc.)
- Demonstrates expertise in Kubernetes, Docker, and container
- Experience with cloud automation tools (e.g., Jenkins,
Terraform, Ansible) and DevOps methods.
- Familiar with IAM and API management tools (e.g., Keycloak,
- Redhat Ansible Tower, JBPM, & Satellite.
- Comfortable with Linux and Windows environments.
- Experience using Atlassian Bitbucket, Confluence, Crucible, &
- Additional skillsets: Apache Airflow, Dynatrace, Elasticsearch
and Kibana, Fluentd, Hashicorp Packer & Terraform, Helm, IBM ODM,
Icinga, Linux (RHEL), Microsoft Active Directory & IIS, Mulesoft,
Oracle Database & Weblogic, Rancher RKE2 (Kubernetes k3s), Rancher
Server, Sonatype Nexus, Splunk Enterprise, Tenable Nessus System
- Must be a U.S. citizen and legally authorized to work in the
U.S now and in the future without sponsorship.
What Our Team Values:
- Mission and values-driven - passionate about prioritizing
Gray's values and mission to transform how the government serves
- Positive can-do attitude - can navigate challenges and find
solutions while being tenacious, optimistic, and
- Self-starter with a bias for action - works well without a lot
of direction and thrives on being accountable to discover problems,
create goals, and execute plans.
- Resilience - dependable in the face of adversity and handle
uncertainty and obstacles with grace and elegance.
- Collaboration - embrace differing perspectives to make better
decisions and collaborate effectively with people of diverse
backgrounds and cultures.
- Passion - strong ability to motivate and inspire people to do
their best work.
- Communication - exceptional written, verbal, relationship
building, and emotional intelligence skills.
- Curiosity - constant desire to learn and improve.
- Analytical thinking - in search of the truth and can dig into
data to make reasoned decisions objectively.
- Integrity and selflessness - treat people with respect, take a
stand yet commit even in disagreement, and are known for your
candor and sincerity.
Base Salary Range
- The annual base salary range for this position is $130-155k
Why Gray (Benefits and Perks):
Gray is an experienced team of dreamers, doers, and change-makers
brought together by a shared commitment to doing work that matters,
solving big problems, and upholding Gray's mission and values in
our daily interactions.
While our headquarters are in Boulder, CO (recently named the best
place to live by U.S. News), -we are a remote-first company, and
you're free to work where you work best, anywhere within the
We care about the happiness of our people. We offer an
industry-best benefits package and cultivate an environment of
empowerment, autonomy with accountability, and a commitment to a
healthy work-life balance. Join our team and help defend our vision
to deliver meaningful work and a people-first culture.
"If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the people to gather
wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to
yearn for the vast and endless sea."
Here are highlights of our -benefits package:
- Competitive Compensation - We monitor industry salaries
annually and make sure we're paying in the top tier based on skills
and experience for every position at the company. Base salaries are
standardized on the Colorado market (our headquarters).
- Remote-Friendly - We hire the most talented technologists from
across the country and are committed to being a remote-first
company. We want you to perform at your best and promise to help
you feel comfortable and connected wherever you call home.
- Flexible Work Schedules - We treat our people like adults and
trust you to manage your schedule. We offer flexible hours to align
with your work style.
- Unlimited Vacation - Taking time off to promote health and
wellness is crucial to your well-being. There are no prescribed
vacation or sick day policies. If you're feeling under the weather
or need a mental health day, take time to recharge, it's good for
- 100% Health Coverage - We pay 100% of your medical, dental, and
vision insurance premiums.
- 401k Match - Saving for retirement and investing in your
financial future is important. That's why Gray matches 401K
contributions up to 6% of your salary.
- Professional Development - We want to invest in your growth and
development. If you find a class, conference, or opportunity to
advance your skill-set, we will help offset the cost up to
$2,000.00 per year.
- Wellness Allowance -We want you to do your best work, and we
know that your health and happiness are critical to making that
happen. We offer up to $50.00 per month reimbursement toward
whatever it is that heals you-yoga class, acupuncture--you name
- Publishing and Speaking Opportunities - We encourage you to be
thought leaders and share your knowledge and expertise. Let's build
a more interconnected, diverse, and prosperous digital services
- Swag Budget - New hires receive a gift certificate to Gray's
curated online store of branded merchandise. We promise it's
quality merch you'll enjoy. Take a peek and see for yourself. We're
regularly adding new products.
- Tech and Tools Allowance - You choose whatever technical tools
you need to work most effectively. Each year, you can expense up to
$500 on the tech gear and tools you need. This includes an external
monitor, standing desk, 3D printer, and more.
- Mission and Public Good Impact - We are brought together by a
shared commitment to do work that matters. You'll work on projects
that transform government services, strengthen national defense,
and are critical to the well-being of millions of Americans.
- Work-life balance. Whether you need to take a midday run or
step out to pick up your kid from childcare, we want to see your
best self at Gray - that means helping you lead a healthy life
outside of work.
Our mission is bold, audacious, and there's a lot on the line. It's
a significant career move, and we appreciate the courage and
passion that go into considering us. We look forward to hearing
What You Should Know:
- Federal contracts require that you be a U.S. Citizen to be
eligible for employment.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- You may be required to meet additional pre-employment
contingencies to the extent required by applicable law at the time
of hire or any time thereafter.
- Equal Opportunity & Inclusive Workplace. Gray is deeply
committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and making our
organization a hospital and accessible place for all individuals.
Gray is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age,
pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status,
political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the
law protects from employment discrimination.
Gray is a human-centered digital services company using design and
technology to transform government services. We deploy highly
efficient, cross-functional digital service teams to empower
government agencies and civil servants to better serve the American
people. These multi-disciplinary groups leverage agile software
development, DevOps, and human-centered design to -deliver
mission-critical products with a purpose.
Founded by technologists from the White House's U.S. Digital
Service (USDS), Gray has experience at the highest levels of
government, academia, and the commercial sector. Our executive
leadership and advisory board have diverse backgrounds from a wide
range of organizations, including Google, Deloitte, The White
House, The U.S. Military Academy at West Point, Airbnb, Duke
University, and more.
At Gray, we've established a people-first strategy. That's why our
culture encourages self-care, professional development, and
nurturing a sense of ownership and responsibility. We believe that
a happy team and intentional and mindful growth lead to the best
outcomes for our partners and our business.
Keywords: Gray Digital, St. Louis , DevOps Engineer (Remote), Engineering , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!