Sr Telecom Engineer-Remote
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, a Siemens Healthineers Company, we bring together the
world's best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear
of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver
easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions. If you want to be part
of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
Senior Telecom Engineer in US. Focus on design, engineering, and
operational oversight for all corporate voice services in Americas
The Network Telecom Engineer role will be responsible but not
limited to implementation, analytics, performance control technical
triage, and technical guidance in all telecom systems supporting
efficient operations. The Network Telecom Engineer will ensure
compliance to established system architecture, regulations, and
security policies, follow standards and best practices, and author
and maintain support documentation. This job requires extensive
knowledge and experience in supporting and implementation of Avaya
voice systems and AudioCodes Session Boarder Controllers within a
Microsoft Teams Softphone configuration.
- Complex problem resolution skills relating to network
connectivity and Telephony services, Avaya, and AudioCodes Session
Boarder Controllers support
- Maintain MS Teams platform for voice and conferencing
(including MS Teams rooms)
- Lead technical projects for voice solution implementations and
updates network telecom documents per solution design
- Monitor, analyze, and report capacity of system utilization and
perform growth analysis/capacity planning.
- Work closely with Network architects for VoIP and UC
- Function as voice subject matter expert and lead escalation
point during major outages or critical downtime windows
- Works with business partners and carriers on projects and
participate in negotiations and provide technical analysis for
vendor contracts for new/existing products and/or services.
- Partner with Global Workspace Solutions teams and site
administrators to execute campus changes and deployments
- Provide technical mentorship for site administration teams for
proper cable planning, port patching, and associated LAN
Project Responsibilities: As new site projects are planned this
role will need to review the technology function being proposed and
collect requirements to determine required execution demands. This
role will escalate to senior engineers and architects as needed to
deliver proper implementation plans.
Operational Responsibilities: The support requests are commonly
unplanned, urgent, and critical in nature. This resource will need
to provide escalation level support when lower levels of the
organization are unable to progress or need guidance. Mentorship
overall is expected out of this role to ensure technical teams are
comprehending complex solutions and the operational impact.
Core Job Requirements:
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Management Information
Systems, or comparable discipline or equivalent work
- 6+ years of experience in Information Technology in the
management, configuration, modification, installation, and
evaluation of telephony systems hardware and software
- 4+ years of experience in global enterprise environment
- Strong expert knowledge (5 or more years' experience) direct
engineering, design, and implementation experience with Avaya and
AudioCodes technology and hardware
- Work experience with Network switch infrastructure for
infrastructure deployment and execution services as directed by
- Expert experience with SIP and H.323 VoIP based
- Strong experience with managing telephony cabling and
associated cabling vendors
- Strong vendor management
- Must be able to work occasional weekends and after hours
Essential Skills And Competencies
- Excellent organizational skills and solid team player
- Solid analytical skills to troubleshoot high level, complex
- Able to work with little to no guidance
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication, able to
communicate to both technical and non-technical people.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism and integrity
To ensure compliance with applicable legal requirements in the
U.S., including the federal COVID-19 vaccination mandate, all U.S.
employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, subject to legally
required and approved accommodations .
Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision
takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single day.
That's why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and
intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror
of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come
from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique
individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your
whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective
will help to power more victories over cancer.
Keywords: Varian, St. Louis , Sr Telecom Engineer-Remote, Engineering , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!