Field Services Technician
Company: Environmental Works, Inc.
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 15, 2022
*$2000 Sign-On Bonus*At EWI the WORK is the boss and we TRUST
our team to do their jobs well! We seek candidates with high
potential because we believe the best deserve to be surrounded by
the best! Take a look at the job description and introduction to
our company culture and benefits below to see if we're the right
fit for youField Services Technician - The WorkAs a Field Services
Technician, you will travel fairly extensively and perform general
labor tasks. You will perform environmental cleanup and remediation
work in a variety of settings with a team of technicians. This
position will also respond to emergency response calls with limited
notice with a team of technicians and have the opportunity to make
a difference in environmental compliance. This role provides an
opportunity to make a difference in environmental compliance and
make our environment a better, cleaner place! This role requires
40-50% overnight travel and an on-call expectation.See the full
work description below.The CompanyUnlike most companies, we take an
active role in your professional and personal development. When you
accept a position with us, we want you to see a career in front of
you, not just a job.We have worked for nearly three decades to
design and develop a unique culture that empowers our teammates to
take responsibility for their actions, be accountable for results
and understand that the WORK is the boss! We make this happen by
insisting on fact-based discussions, fostering a culture of TRUST,
and encouraging our teammates go to conflict openly and honestly.
At EWI, a mistake is not the end of the world it's an opportunity
to grow.We have built a team of enjoyable, productive people who
believe that taking responsibility for our own happiness is the
recipe for success. When our clients or teammates have a need we
dive in, diagnose, and apply the right combination of science,
safety, grit and ingenuity. Our mission - Get Stuff Done!Field
Services Technician - The Benefits
- Competitive pay
- Career development and training
- Wellness program (including gym reimbursement, wellness
stipends, wellness events, etc.)
- Bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Uniform allowance
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) schedule
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with company contribution
- 401(k) plan with company match after one year of service
- Life insurance
- Paid long-term disability
- Voluntary short-term disabilityField Services Technician -
Position SummaryThis position is very integral to the execution
level of the Field Services department. This is an entry-level
position that focuses mainly on Industrial Maintenance with a
variety of unique opportunities.Field Services Technician -
Essential FunctionsReasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform all aspects of Industrial Maintenance not limited to:
confined space entry, water blasting, vacuum truck, manual digging,
- Safely perform manual labor at various locations throughout the
- Operate a motor vehicle.
- Operate hand tools, light machinery, and sharp tools.
- Travel up to 50% via driving a company vehicle.
- Responsible for responding to emergency response locations with
- Conduct activities in a safe and healthy manner and work in
accordance with established OSHA requirements.
- Required to follow safety standards. Required to wear all
personal protective equipment in designated areas.
- Must be able to work effectively and thrive in a team
atmosphere.Field Services Technician - Competencies
- Must be literate with the ability to understand and carry out
oral and written instructions and posted schedules.
- Knowledge of the care, proper use, and ability to perform light
maintenance on the tools, motor vehicles, and equipment
- Must not be afraid of and willing to work in and around heights
and confined spaces.
- Requires effective time management skills, personal conduct,
and the ability to adapt to change.
- Ability to effectively and professionally interact with
co-workers, clients, vendors, and other business contacts.Field
Services Technician - Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full-time position. Ability to work flexible hours
with some weekend and holiday work required.Field Services
Technician - Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- For insurability purposes a valid driver's license.Field
Services Technician - Preferred Education and Experience
- Three (3) years of general labor or construction experience
- HAZWOPER 40-hour certification preferred.
- Class A or B CDL preferred.Field Services Technician - Other
- May include transportation of waste to landfills or designated
- Perform spill cleanup operations.
- Promote a positive working environment in order to achieve the
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Complete company required job paperwork in a timely
manner.Field Services Technician - Work EnvironmentWork is
performed mostly in an uncontrolled atmosphere. Exposure to harsh
conditions such as: dust, fumes, chemicals, hazardous materials,
noise, and varying weather and temperatures for long periods of
time is possible. This employee will be required to demonstrate
continued knowledge of HAZWOPER and OSHA regulations and
requirements. All employees are required to follow safety standards
and wear all personal protective equipment in designated
areas.Field Services Technician - Physical DemandsThe physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job.While performing the duties of this position, the employee
is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip,
handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop,
kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk and hear. Ability to regularly
lift and carry 50 pounds or more. Sitting 10%, standing/walking
90%.AAP/EEOEnvironmental Works provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to
all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Employee
signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the
requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
Keywords: Environmental Works, Inc., St. Louis , Field Services Technician, Engineering , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!