Senior Mechanical Engineer - HVAC
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Haskell is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer - HVAC team
Our Senior Mechanical Engineer will drive projects including
designing chilled water systems, hot water systems, steam systems,
water treatment systems, compressed air systems, natural gas
systems, HVAC systems and much more. Candidates can expect to work
on exciting projects such as clean rooms, food processing
facilities, distilleries, breweries, government facilities and a
variety of other challenges that help support our client's needs.
- Application of Knowledge of Building Systems (Conceptual
- Ensures understanding and compliance with owner's building
program requirements and facility or corporate standards related to
mechanical and plumbing systems design.
- Confirms and reviews applicable codes and standards such as but
not limited to the International Building Code Council (Mechanical,
Plumbing, Gas, Fire), ASHRAE Standards (90.1, 62 and 15) and
- Given the scope of design services, the owner's building
program and facility standards, building code research and relevant
industry standards, establish and document the mechanical and
plumbing systems basis of design and in doing so provide
clarification, qualifications and design assumptions regarding
relevant design issues.
- Works with building/facility owner to ensure that the
appropriate cost effective systems/products are utilized in their
- Works with building owner and construction management team to
validate construction cost and provide value engineering options as
may be necessary.
- Knows when to obtain support from Lead Mechanical Engineer for
assistance to determine engineering and design building
- Assist in the establishment of the building envelope thermal
insulation values for the purpose of energy code compliance and
cooling/heating load calculations.
- Performs and documents engineering calculations related to
mechanical and plumbing systems for the purpose of selecting code
compliant systems and equipment.
- Performs systems and equipment selections.
- Performs layout and sizing of systems and equipment.
- Drafts or oversees the drafting of the mechanical and plumbing
systems and in doing so establishes the appropriate level of
drawing detail to ensure completeness and accuracy of design and
- Schedules mechanical and plumbing equipment with the
appropriate accessories and remarks.
- Develops the necessary control drawings (schematics, points
list and sequence of operation) to ensure adequate environmental
temperature and humidity control or system and equipment
- Insures that there is complete and accurate specification.
- Revit and AutoCAD capability is required.--
- --Construction Support:
- Assist with Problem solving for field oversights.
- Shop drawing/Submittal review.
- Does Field inspections and reports--
- Assist in Photograph review
- Assist with RFI
- Project Management:
- Overseeing the work performed by the assigned staff.
- Planning, Scheduling and Profitability:
- Monitors what is to be included in design package issue
(pricing documents, SD, DD, and CD).
- Works with projects lead architect and engineers to insure that
project schedule will be met and complete documents provided for
- Designs project within provided design budget and track
additional hours utilized when scope is expanded.
- Professional Development:
- Maintains required licensing CEU.
- Proactively attempts to receive in-house/out-of-house training
to maintain create design skills.
- Manages assigned staff on the projects. Education/Experience:
- Licensed Professional Engineer To apply, please email:
Allyson.Steeg@Haskell.com Haskell is an Equal Opportunity Employer
(Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities). All persons shall have the opportunity to be
considered for employment without regard to their race, color,
creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship
status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
veteran's status, genetic information, or any other characteristic
protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Haskell is a
drug-free workplace, all applicants who receive conditional offers
of employment will be subjected to pre-employment drug testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Haskell, St. Louis , Senior Mechanical Engineer - HVAC, Engineering , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!