Senior Voice Engineer
Company: Square, Inc.
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: February 25, 2021
- Current Square Employee?: Apply via go/jobs with your Square
email. Company Description Square builds common business tools in
unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their
businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or
just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards.
Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a
mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been
building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software
products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll,
and more. We're working to find new and better ways to help
businesses succeed on their own terms-and we're looking for people
like you to help shape tomorrow at Square. Job Description As a
team, we are the direct link to the voice of our customer. When our
customers need help they are usually in the midst of managing a
small business and they don't want to wait for answers. In an ideal
world, we know exactly who our customers are and what they need the
moment they contact us. Using information from previous
interactions and current product usage, we're able to quickly
direct them to the information they need to rapidly resolve issues
or realize opportunities. Our voice capabilities take advantage of
a global presence, ensuring local 24x7 voice support across time
zones. The reliability and quality of services are driven by the
scalability and efficiency of our platforms and partners. On this
team, you will work on state-of-the-art technologies to ensure both
internal and external customers have the best possible experience
with Square. You Will:
- Build and maintain a voice platform for Square to have
productive and personal interactions with our customers.
- Lead architecture and development of phone and voice solutions
for platforms and teams across the enterprise.
- Provide technical leadership on different CCaaS voice
- Participate in an on-call rotation for any issues related to
production support. Qualifications You Have:
- 3+ years of customer-facing Technical Project Leadership
Background in Contact Center Technologies--
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience in designing and implementing call routing with
- Strong programming skills in Node.js, Python, Java.--
- Experience with AWS architecture and services.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and with Github / bitbucket for
source / version control.
- Working knowledge of WebRTC and SIP.
- SQL query writing and data analysis. Technologies We Use:
- Amazon Connect, AWS Lambda, AWS Dynamo, AWS API Gateway, AWS
Lex (Voice / Chat Bots), AWS S3, Amazon Connect Streams.
- Terraform / Cloud formation
- Github / Snowflake
- WebRTC Additional Information At Square, we value diversity and
always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit,
qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of
the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Applicants in need of
special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or
in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to
assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as
confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name
and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Keywords: Square, Inc., St. Louis , Senior Voice Engineer, Engineering , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!