Network Engineer III
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 21, 2020
The Network Engineer III is responsible for supporting the
TierPoint cloud, colocation and managed services networking
operations. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate
advanced-level expertise in network routing, switching, firewall,
and load balancing technologies as they apply to a service provider
network. Must also work closely with customer and translate complex
technical issues into common language.
* Provides quality internal and external customer service
surrounding the Company values.
* Plan, install, and provide daily operational support for managed
customer networking environments (switching/routing infrastructure,
firewalls, load balancers, IPS/IDS, etc.).
* Consult with customers regarding network performance problems,
ideas for design improvements, planning their environment turn-up,
* Suggest future products as well as offer enhancements for
* Provide technical assistance and training to junior level
* As a member of the network operations team participate in an
on-call support rotation to ensure 24x7x365 coverage for critical
core and customer infrastructure.
* Responsible for writing and reviewing MOP s as a part of the
TierPoint change management process.
* Assist with operational support of the TierPoint core network
infrastructure as well as offer recommendations for improving
overall network performance.
* Other duties as assigned.
* 8-10 years of hands on network/security experience working in IT
* Experience using ticketing system for incident, problem and
change managementExcellent customer facing communication skills
(both written and verbal)
* Ability to articulate complex technical problems and solutions to
* Ability to create and deliver technical presentations to
leadership and peers
* Ability to lead complex, multi-team troubleshooting sessions and
drive technical resolution, regardless of technology or
* Advanced understanding of core networking technologies
* BGP (large scale with many different upstream ISPs)
* Routing and switching infrastructure from Cisco, Juniper,
* Cisco 7600/6500 series
* Cisco Nexus data center switching platforms
* Access layer switching such as Cisco 2960/3750 series
* Layer 2 technologies such as Spanning Tree, STP, RSTP, etc.
* 8+ years of production support and design of the above
* 8+ years of experience with network security technologies and
* 8+ years of production support for one or more of the major
firewall platforms below:
* Cisco ASA
* Juniper SSG and ISG products
* Check Point NGX
* Fortinet Fortigate
* Palo Alto
* VMWare NSX Firewalls (Edge/Distributed)
* Advanced network troubleshooting skills utilizing packet
capture/analysis packages such as Omnipeek, Wireshark, etc.
* Experience writing design and implementation documents, Visio
drawings, process documents, customer statements of work, etc.
* Adequate professional experience and knowledge to perform job
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
* Thrives in high pressure situations
* Ability to prioritize and organize effectively
* Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
* Ability to work both independently and with others
* Ability to operate in a fast moving, team-oriented, collaborative
environment with tight deadlines
* Proficiency in using MS Office Suite and Windows-based computer
* Recent experience with network virtualization technologies such
as virtual firewalls, virtual load balancers, MPLS VRFs, Nexus
* Knowledge and/or experience with spine-and-leaf network
* Experience supporting the networking requirements for
* CCIE Certification or equivalent industry certification,
knowledge or experience
* Previous experience in a customer-facing Managed Services
Provider or ISP environment a plus
* Knowledge or experience with scripting languages such as
* Knowledge or experience working with RESTful API s and network
* Knowledge or experience with automation platforms such as
* 3+ years of support and design of load balancer implementations
* F5 LTM & GTM
* Significant experience and knowledge of network
monitoring/management technologies (SNMP, Netflow, syslog,
monitoring applications, etc.)
* Advanced knowledge of DNS
* Experience with various operating systems including Windows and
various flavors of LINUX
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Tierpoint, St. Louis , Network Engineer III, Engineering , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!