HVAC Instructor (Monday-Thursday AM and/or PM)
Company: Vatterott College
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Job DescriptionVatterott College is in need of an HVAC Instructor for our upcoming phase. This part-time position is responsible for delivering educational material for an academic program of study in the absence of the regular instructor.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teaches college-level courses.
- Preparing class syllabus, outline and daily lesson plans as required. Providing course syllabus and outline to students on the first day of class.
- Maintaining and ensuring consistency between the course catalog and the daily lesson plans.
- Prepares and administers examinations, student projects, and other teaching aids needed to fulfill objectives of the program. Sets up the classroom, lab equipment, projects, assignments, etc. in preparation for each new phase or class start.
- Setting up the classroom, lab, equipment, projects, assignments, etc. in preparation for each new phase or class start.
- Maintaining accurate records of attendance, grades, the progress of students, and reporting the same in a timely manner to the manager.
- Maintains clean, effective, and professional learning environment.
- Attends all scheduled in-service activities, program advisory meetings, monthly program faculty meetings, campus staff and faculty meetings.
- Documented tutoring and advising of academically struggling students (below 70%) in your course must be completed on a weekly basis. May include directing students to non-academic campus resources (retention, financial aid, registrar, etc.).
- Ensures classroom management and enforcement of school regulations and student code of conduct.
- Participates in graduation ceremonies and other school events as required.
- Completes administrative duties and other projects as assigned.
- Consents to faculty classroom observations to be conducted in person and/or by electronic recording each term.
- Serves as a new faculty mentor as assigned.Job Requirements
- This position requires 3 years of HVAC industry experience in a related field. An Associate's degree is a plus, but is not required.
- The position requires personal computer skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, professional, tactful and concise manner, is essential.EOE M/F D/VCompany DescriptionAbout Vatterott College Our facilities and our instructors are what separates us from the competition. Vatterott serves a diverse student population across 19 locations in 9 states, as well as a vibrant online community. Each of these institutions takes pride in serving both the student population and the local communities that help continue the Vatterott tradition. Vatterott continues to grow by offering additional diploma and degree programs, launching new locations, and looking for other opportunities to grow and improve our student services. Through this effort, Vatterott was recently named a G.I. Jobs Military Friendly School. Vatterott offers programs in the fields of Business, Medical, Technical, Trades, Cosmetology, Dental, Legal, Personal Fitness, and Veterinary, as well as many continuing education opportunities. All programs are industry-relevant and designed to support the Vatterott mission of providing career skills for a better life.
Keywords: Vatterott College, St. Louis , HVAC Instructor (Monday-Thursday AM and/or PM), Education / Teaching , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!