Early Childhood Special Education Teacher
Company: AOS Staffing
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 15, 2022
*This Position is with St.Louis Public School District*
SLPS is seeking talented Educators with a broad base of knowledge
in curriculum and pedagogy.
In this position, Teachers are expected to plan, organize and
deliver programs of instruction that
support the premise/core belief that all children can learn and
implement activities that promote
the learning goals and academic expectations. Our diverse student
population deserves and
appreciates Teachers who are committed and who have a passion for
- Develops lesson plans and appropriate instructional aides
stressing laboratory learning
- Demonstrates mathematical concepts using representations such
as models, chalk board,
overhead projector, and other standard or teacher-prepared
- Design learning activities that will connect the mathematics to
the students' physical
world, to other content areas, and to prior mathematics
- Design learning activities that will allow students
opportunities to communicate
mathematically, orally and written, with others.
- Creates and maintains an inviting, stimulating instructional
area with attractive student
centered bulletin board displays, learning centers and projects
consistent with the
physical limitations of teaching area.
- Supports the program of study, using a variety of instructional
media and technology.
- Analyzes and uses appropriate data to guide instruction and
- Prepare for classes assigned and show written evidence of
preparation upon request of
- Demonstrate an overall knowledge of one's discipline(s) that
allows him/her to teach to
the student's ability levels and learning styles
- Maintain accurate, complete and correct records as required by
law, district policies and
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning
and appropriate to the
maturity and interest of the students
- Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom
- Communicate expectations, criteria for assessment, student
progress, and student
strengths/weaknesses to parents and students
- Assesses students' special needs and collaborates with school
services and community
agencies to meet those needs
- Maintain confidentiality of information concerning students,
colleagues, and parents
- Modifies own professional development plan to improve
instructional performance and
to promote student learning
- Demonstrate high standards of professionalism and ethics
- Assist in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative
regulations and Board
- Perform other task as assigned.
*MUST BE VACCINATED WITH THE COVID VACCINE AND REQUIRED TO SHOW
- Working with culturally, diverse parents and families in an
urban educational setting
- Collaborating with community agencies
- Serving effectively in a collaborative team setting
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a
bachelor's degree in an
- Major, or 24 semester hours, in subject area to be taught
- Passing score on Praxis II Test in subject area to be taught
(Must have already passed
Praxis II prior to being considered for employment)
- Must possess a valid Missouri Teaching Certificate or be
eligible for a Missouri Teaching
Certificate Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Possess knowledge of district policies and mandates related to
discipline and student achievement.
- Possess willingness to interact on a personal level with
- Demonstrate organizational skills related to all Essential
Functions listed above.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to create an effective Parent
- Demonstrate patience and compassion with students, staff and
parents in a variety of
- Develop trusting relationships with parents, teachers and
- Work effectively on a team and with parents.
- Work collaboratively with peers and others.
- Possess knowledge of various cultures' values, behaviors,
beliefs and traditions.
- Possess strong and effective written and oral communication and
with all constituencies.
- Passionate about improving public, urban education and driven
to make a difference.
- Demonstrates initiative and problem solving capabilities.
- Must be physically able to operate a motor vehicle
- Must be able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or a negligible amount
of force constantly to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise
move objects, including the
- Light Work usually requires walking or standing to a
Keywords: AOS Staffing, St. Louis , Early Childhood Special Education Teacher, Education / Teaching , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!