Senior Reporting Specialist, HR
Company: Edward D. Jones
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 26, 2022
At Edward Jones, the Human Resources division utilizes people
expertise to proactively drive high-impact solutions that deliver
firm results. Cultivating a highly talented and inclusive
workforce, youll guide an exceptional associate experience,
enabling them to do their best work. Here, youll enable continued
firm growth through professional and leadership development,
workforce and succession planning, inclusion & diversity, and
talent acquisition and engagement. By driving these human resources
solutions, your work will serve both firm and associates best
interests and support Edward Jones being recognized as a Best Place
to Work.The Human Capital Reporting Team designs, develops,
implements, and maintains efficient reporting and tracking that
will collect and report key measures and data to support business
objectives. We partner with data requestors to gather information
and determine required reporting based on a user's needs. This is a
two-person team that works closely together and with other areas of
HR. Since we are implementing a new case management tool, this is
an exciting opportunity for us to expand our capabilities and
support operational reporting.The ideal candidate for the Senior
Reporting Specialist role is:
- Highly skilled in report writing and understands the challenges
of data and reporting
- Analytically curious and inquisitive
- Collaborative and has strong interpersonal communication
- Resolute and committed to providing accurate and high-quality
- Optimistic and shows resilience when faced with challenges that
require creative solutionsIn addition, the ideal candidate
possesses a growth, learning, and innovation mindset and willingly
shares knowledge and expertise with others to help them advance
their data literacy and technical understanding. They actively look
for opportunities to strengthen our reporting processes, data
governance, and reporting quality and accuracy.Key
- Design, develop, and implementstandard, on-demand ad hoc
reports, and more efficient reporting and tracking systems that
will collect and report key measures and data so action plans can
be developed to support business objectives.
- Extract, merge, cleanse, and transform large data sets using
reporting tools, and apply knowledge of data sources, data
structures, and statistics to interpret the data.
- Responsible for developing, reviewing, and filing regulatory
reporting (e.g., California Pay Data and EEO-1).
- Regularly examine, review, identify and assist with
resolutionsto reporting, data integrity, service, and/or system
- Provide counsel, leadership, and direction to service receivers
regarding relevant, accurate and efficient calculation of key
statistics, use of systems, or reports to assist and meet
- Work with vendor sources to extract and/or archive data from
- Maintain knowledge of operational procedures and continuously
review, revise, and improve process documentation on technical
reporting processes and procedures to ensure information is
relevant and up to date.
- Lead efforts to develop data warehouse as relates to stored
data required to automate reporting and to improve efficiency with
- Act as a champion for data governance, educating others on the
importance of data governance and appropriate usage of data.
- Serve as a mentor and subject matter expert to colleagues and
end users (e.g., Reporting Specialists and Reporting Specialist
- Minimum of a B.S. in Computer Science, Management Information
Systems or comparable degree or work experience.
- 4+ years business experience utilizing report writing
- Demonstrated analytical thinking, complex problem-solving
ability, and ability to use critical thinking and creativity in
- Relentless attention to detail, strong organizational skills,
and ability to prioritize across multiple initiatives with
- Comfortable working through ambiguous situations to define
precise requirements and priorities to drive actionable
- Deep understanding of data sources, data extraction methods,
and application of data to drive business decisions.
- Unwavering commitment to data governance: protection of
sensitive and confidential data.Nice to Have Requirements:
- Expert knowledge of PeopleSoft Query Reporting Tools and recent
experience with building complex queries preferred.
- Knowledge, experience, and proficiency with reporting and data
visualization tools in ServiceNow and SQL preferred.
- Understanding of EEO-1 reporting process and requirements and
hands-on experience with regulatory report writing (e.g., EEO-1,
JOLTS, Census Bureau, and MSRB) preferred.
Keywords: Edward D. Jones, St. Louis , Senior Reporting Specialist, HR, Advertising , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!