Desk Editor, North America ( Remote )
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 15, 2022
A rare opportunity has arisen for a journalist with excellent news
judgement and first class copy editing skills to take the reins of
the North America desk at Chemical Watch - the leading global
provider of news and insight for the rapidly growing chemicals
The North America desk editor supports the managing editor in
ensuring Chemical Watch provides the best possible coverage of key
policy and regulatory developments in the US and Canada for our
audience of global compliance chiefs, regulatory affairs
specialists, policy makers, trade bodies and environmental
The successful candidate must be capable of tracking and evaluating
a burgeoning stream of news ideas and leads quickly and
confidently, while ensuring the entire desk's output meets the
highest possible editorial quality standards. That includes telling
our readers not just what has happened, but interpreting its
probable impact on their work.
Please include your cover letter and examples of your work when
sending your resume.
You Will Need
- High levels of professionalism, interpersonal skills and
- Excellent copy editing skills, sharp attention to detail and a
minimum of two years' copy editing experience;
- The ability to develop a good working knowledge of how
chemicals are regulated; and
- Great news judgement and a proven track record of delivering
clear, accurate and insightful news in a B2B environment.
Experience of working with regulatory, legislative, environmental
and/or technical content will be an advantage.
Key Responsibilities And Tasks
- Coordinate output of North America desk
- Ensure news is timely, accurate and meets our quality
- Track developments and ensure relevant leads are followed
- Edit content produced by the desk and contribute weekly
- Allocate stories to desk writers as and when required
- Ensure news coverage provides context and insight
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts
- Attend and report on occasional online and in-person
- Occasional moderation of Chemical Watch events
The Chemical Watch brand provides businesses worldwide with the
information they need to safely manage chemicals in products,
reporting impartially on the actions and opinions of all
stakeholders in our community.
Owned by environmental, health and safety information services
company Enhesa, Chemical Watch continues to enjoy strong global
year-on-year growth. It has more than 70 staff, based in the UK, US
and Europe, including a team of more than 20 journalists.
Employment Type: Full Time
Keywords: iHire, St. Louis , Desk Editor, North America ( Remote ), Advertising , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!