Administrative Supervisor - PRN
Company: South City Hospital
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionWe are South City Hospital. Our primary function
is to offer continuous nursing, medical, and other health and
social services on a 24-hour basis, under physician directed care
and RN supervision.We focus on providing care for patients who are
not in the acute phase of illness or requiring services in a
hospital and who require primary, restorative, or skilled nursing
services on an inpatient or custodial care basis. Our goal is to
help our patients reach a degree of self-care in essential daily
living.We service a multitude of patients and their families across
our vast network, while remaining committed to the professional
development of our staff, the functional improvement of our
patients, and the cultivation of strong partnerships within our
communities. WHAT WE OFFER
- Essential/stable and growing company with many opportunities
for training and advancement within the medical field that all
employees and team members (including Full-Time and Part-Time) can
- Hourly pay is negotiable based on experience. We offer
competitive market pay and opportunities for bonus depending on
great work performance (bonuses only apply for Full Time).
- Comprehensive Employee Benefits: Full-Time employees are
eligible for various plans for medical, dental, and vision
insurance. The Nursing Supervisor provides clinical and
administrative support to all nursing personnel and assumes overall
responsibility for the operation of all departments, in the absence
of department heads and hospital administration. The Supervisor
maintains the standards of nursing care, and supports the
professional growth of those employees and students utilizing the
clinical facilities of South City Hospital. PRIMARY
- Provides high quality staffing for all patient care units based
on continuity of care, clinical expertise and acuity levels of each
unit, while at the same time keeping in mind costs and appropriate
hours of care.
- Maintains an effective work climate.
- Counsels employees as necessary; takes appropriate immediate
disciplinary action when needed.
- Makes a minimum of 2 rounds of all patient care units during
each shift. Remains aware of concerns of other departments.
- Functions as resource person in absence of other department
personnel, i.e., Central Supply, Pharmacy, Infection Control,
Employee Health, etc.
- Provides leadership and direction in accordance with goals and
objectives of the Department and the Organization.
- Communicates with physicians, staff, patients and families as
needed to solve problems and to promote care.
- Serves as resource to department managers related to
performance evaluation of staff.
- Serves as a liaison to other departments that are actively
involved with Nursing Service i.e. Department of Education, Human
Resources, Medical Records, School of Nursing, etc.
- Participates actively in Nursing Service Administration staff
- Willing to adapt to changing situations and circumstances to
meet the needs of the organization.
- Serves as a clinical resource person and assists nursing
personnel in assessing patient/family status so as to plan nursing
- Performs other duties as assigned. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of
- At least 2 years clinical experience in acute care with 2 years
of management or administrative experience in Health Care
- CPR required.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with patients,
visitors and staff.
- Ability to manage time and organize daily schedule to meet
- Good computer skills.
- Must have knowledge of growth and development and show clinical
expertise for the ages of patients served, including child,
adolescent, adult and geriatric.
- Possesses the ability to understand and react effectively to
Keywords: South City Hospital, St. Louis , Administrative Supervisor - PRN, Administration, Clerical , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!