Company: Ascension (System Office)
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 10, 2018
Job ID: 269006 Senior Accountant St Louis, Missouri Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title:--Senior Accountant City, State:-- St Louis, MO Location:-- Woodlands Plaza IV Department:---- Solutions Accounting Additional Job Details:----FT, Days About Us Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world---s largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension---s Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care --- including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities --- in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension---s own group purchasing organization. Job Description Job Summary: The Senior Accountant performs planning, coordination and administration of complex and significant accounting activities. Responsibilities:
- Prepares and maintains complex and significant journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, account analysis, and subsidiary ledgers.
- Produces financial statements, budget-to-actual reports, and prepares narrative explaining the financial statements.
- Prepares, analyzes maintains, and explains trend information.
- Prepares complex and significant audit and/or tax work papers.
- Analyzes and prepares accurate and timely project budgets for both operating and capital budgets, assisting in the appropriate calculation and recording of capitalized interest
- Prepare monthly financial analysis and narratives for entities listed above.
- Reconcile all assigned balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Investigate / research open items, resolve issues and prepare required journal entries as needed. Assists with and coordinates distribution of all System Office related financial statements to department heads.
- Evaluates compliance with System Financial policies and procedures, assists in development of common accounting practices, reconciliations, and accurate financial reporting in accordance with System policies and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Supports various governance and stakeholder groups with financial reports/information as needed
- Ensures expenses related to travel, commuting and contract workers are processed in accordance with Ascension's policies, summarized, and compared to monthly budget amounts Qualifications Education:
- Bachelor's level degree--required, preferrably in--Accounting or Finance.
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is preferred. Work Experience:
- Five years of experience required, preferrably progressive accounting and financial analysis experience.
- Two (2) years public accounting experience preferred.
- Self-directed, pro-active, and results-oriented.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite of applications; particular strength in Excel preferred. Equal Employment Opportunity Ascension Health is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the ---EEO is the Law--- poster: -- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information. Share: -->
Keywords: Ascension (System Office), St. Louis , Senior Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!