Global Corporate Controller
Company: Barry-Wehmiller Companies Inc
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Headquartered in St. Louis, MO, USA, Afinitas is the global market
leader for pipe and precast concrete equipment, forming systems and
concrete accessories used to build the world's critical
transportation, water and utility infrastructure systems. Afinitas
is known for the innovative technologies and services it provides
through its trusted HawkeyePedershaab, BFS, New Hampton Metal Fab
and other well-known brands, which customers have relied upon for
decades. Afinitas is a part of BW Forsyth Partners, LLC, the
investment arm of Barry-Wehmiller, a $3 billion organization with
nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the
power of business to build a better world.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBLITIES
- Lead Monthly, Quarterly and Annual closing process ensuring all
work is accurate and completed on a timely basis.
- Work closely with the Site Controllers and the operating
business' accounting teams, providing leadership, coaching and
guidance. Ensures operating businesses financial reporting teams
effectively communicate unusual/non-recurring accounting entries
and transactions, makes appropriate decisions on accounting and
reporting issues, and evaluates performance and business trends to
support growth and improvement.
- Ensure overall compliance, reporting accuracy, internal
controls effectiveness, and stewardship. Maintains internal
reporting systems and responsible for the overall consolidation of
the financial results.
- Oversee the accounting close process and continuously improve
processes to scale with the organization. This role will both
participate in and oversee the global accounting processes.
- Develop, implement, and maintain Accounting policies,
procedures, and guidelines for company financial and reporting
systems. Facilitates the operating businesses' determination that
internal financial controls are functioning properly and
effectively, and that information reported to Corporate is in
accordance with U.S. GAAP and sound financial practices.
- Ensures timely identification, research and conclusions on
technical accounting issues through technical memos and accounting
policies. Stays current on U.S. GAAP with the responsibility for
planning, implementing, gathering data, and reporting to comply
with changing requirements.
- Global responsibility for ensuring all sites adhere to internal
controls and accounting policies as defined by Afinitas and/or
- Control benchmarking processes defined, monitored and
mitigation actions defined and executed on regular basis.
- Periodic reviews of policy adherence.
- Appropriate peer review processed defined and followed.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial statements, ensuring
all work is accurate and completed on a timely basis. This includes
reviewing all individual entity/division profit and loss
statements, balance sheets, and statement of cash flows. Ensures
timely preparation and review of quarterly compliance reporting to
lenders and any other required third parties.
- Serves as global leader of the annual audit process from
planning and scoping, to the issuance of the annual report. Lead
and actively participate in the annual financial audit, including
work paper preparation.
- Assists in reviewing the Company's consolidated financial
results, trends, and ratios for reasonableness and reports on
financial stability, liquidity, and growth. Assists in analyzing
the financial impact of major business decisions and operational
issues affecting the company. Develops ad hoc financial analyses
and reporting as needed.
- Provides leadership of the accounting integration of acquired
businesses, including implementation of BW processes and systems,
development of the opening balance sheet, and application of US
GAAP and purchase accounting adjustments.
- Partner with FPA on proper setup of newly acquired businesses
within Chart of Accounts, Department Structures, Product Lines,
etc. for consolidated financial reporting accuracy within global
- Oversight of global treasury activities, cash forecasting and
ensuring optimization of cash positions on global and local levels.
- Responsible for cash forecasting process development and
meeting cadence to facilitate key cash allocation decisions
- Drive global cash plans to ensure cash availability for
quarterly debt servicing QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting with a CPA.
- A minimum of ten (10) years' progressive financial or public
accounting experience with exposure to multi-plant, multi-currency
- Executive presence, dynamic interpersonal skills, diplomacy,
- Strong problem-solving skills, strategic thinking skills for
assessing needs and recommending changes.
- Excellent team-building skills, with the leadership skillset to
recruit, train, coach, and mentor top-quality associates both at
Corporate and the operating businesses.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
conveying a clear and concise message with proper direction.
- Focused, perceptive, bullet point thinker who can help create,
articulate and implement the accounting and reporting vision within
global accounting functions.
- A solid understanding of accounting and financial reporting
software tools, and the ability to communicate and work well with
IT personnel and FPA team to implement changes and
- A demonstrated ability to work with all levels of Company
Leadership, our operating companies, and across the various
corporate groups to provide relevant insightful information to
collaboratively drive decisions.
- Approaches broader finance organization with a service
- Ability to travel up to 25%
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of
experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a
job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here,
please still consider applying. We know that our differences often
can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful
work-therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply
to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable
accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This
organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may
include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications,
background screening and/or skills assessments.
Keywords: Barry-Wehmiller Companies Inc, St. Louis , Global Corporate Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...