Sr Financial Analyst III, Compensation Reporting & Analysis
Company: EDWARD JONES
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 25, 2022
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients
and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building
deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St.
Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help
U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We
continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual
investors.We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst III to join
our Compensation Reporting and Analysis Team. You will have the
unique opportunity to partner with leaders and associates across
the firm to influence and measure the firm's compensation
strategies for our branch teams. Every decision that you will help
our leaders make impacts our bottom line and the experience of our
Team Overview:The Compensation Reporting and Analysis team within
Compensation Program Support department:
- Partners with teams across Finance and the firm to analyze and
deeply understand firm compensation and expense policies that
incentivize our financial advisors and branch teams to act in the
best interest of our clients and act as owners of the firm,
demonstrating financial stewardship of firm resources.
- Collaborates with our Compensation Program Support Teams to
improve our understanding and utilization of data and reporting,
designing and enhancing business processes with simplicity and
transparency and creating capacity for our business areas.
- Develops Management Reporting and accompanying insights for
Finance Sr. Leadership in order to inform key leaders on
compensation financial impacts and to influence future decision
- Ensures the compensation components of firm accounting and
financial reporting are complete, accurate, and disclosed
appropriately, and ensure variances and trends are understood and
- Bachelor's degree is required with emphasis in Accounting or
Finance strongly preferred (or relevant work experience).
- CPA/International country equivalent or MBA preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to prioritize and execute on multiple tasks/projects
and independently adjust to changing priorities.
- Advanced financial analysis, forecasting, and complex financial
modeling skills, such as sensitivity analysis incorporating
multiple variables and financial analysis of business decision
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of accounting processes
and financial statements required.
- Ability to influence associates and leadership up to the
Executive Management level using verbal, written, and presentation
- Works effectively both independently and in a team
- Proficiency using PeopleSoft Financials is a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint required
including working ability to utilize pivot tables, advanced
charting, advanced formulas, and conditional formatting.
- Industry and best practice research skills preferred.
- Advanced project management skills.
- Tableau, SQL, or Data Analysis experience preferred.Problem
- Due to high volume, issues typically arise daily with varying
degrees of complexity.
- Ability to analyze and recommend solutions to divisional and
firm-wide leadership for a broad spectrum of business improvement
opportunities in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to implement projects of a moderate to high complexity
which involve cross-functional teams, and therefore must be able to
collaborate well with associates and leadership throughout the
firm, including external vendors.Decision Making:
- Decisions made based on financial information and
recommendations provided through this role generally have a
moderate to high impact on Firm performance.
- Decisions are of moderate to high complexity and typically
pertain to ad hoc analysis and the generation of strategies and
- Decisions of moderate complexity and moderate impact are made
independently. More complex and high-impact decisions are generally
made after consultation with the leader.Span of Influence:
- Develops and performs high complexity financial analysis with
typically high financial impact.
- Works with leaders and executive-level management throughout
the Firm, providing financial guidance to directly influence
strategic business decisions.
- While there are no direct supervisory responsibilities,
mentoring and training other associates on the team as well as
associates on project teams from other divisions is expected.
- To successfully influence decision making, this position
requires a deep understanding of how departments/divisions interact
with one another and impact firm operations and initiatives.
- 2021 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For - By Great Place to
Work - and FORTUNE Magazine - Edward Jones was named No. 20 on the
- From FORTUNE -2021 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- 2021 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of
767 major U.S. businesses that received top marks in the
Foundation's 19th annual scorecard on LGBTQ workplace equality.
- From The Human Rights Campaign. All Rights Reserved
- 2021 Training Top 100 list - Edward Jones ranked No. 19, up six
spots from last year in its 21st consecutive year on this
- J.D. Power, 2021 - Edward Jones has ranked "highest in Employee
Advisor Satisfaction among Financial Investment Firms" in the J.D.
Power 2021 U.S. Financial Advisor Satisfaction Study.
- Edward Jones received the highest score among employee advisors
in the J.D. Power 2007,2008, 2010, 2012-2015, 2017-2021 Financial
Advisor Satisfaction Studies of employee advisors' satisfaction
among those who are employed by an investment services firm. Visit
jdpower.com/awards for more information.Edward Jones does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion,
national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy,
veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law.At Edward Jones, we value and respect our
associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual
efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career,
financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn
more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to
base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit
sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data
and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other
relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $76798 - $130764
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, St. Louis , Sr Financial Analyst III, Compensation Reporting & Analysis, Accounting, Auditing , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!