Tax Consultant II - PSG - Operating Partnership Services
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 26, 2022
You have experience in federal tax and/or partnership tax.
You're not an expert in technology, but you've been working with
Excel or a customized software package and you really like
technology. If you have with a passion for improving computational
software applications and proprietary solutions, we have the career
opportunity to keep you buzzing!
Work you'll do:
As a Consultant on our Partnership Solutions Group, Operational
Partnership Services team you will:
- Implement strategic tax structures and oversee complex tax
computation projects for clients in diverse industries.
- Assist clients with life events for partnerships (e.g.
formations, mergers, initial public offerings), inside and outside
basis computations, Section 704(c) and Section 743(b) computations,
Schedule K-1 processing, and the development of custom technology
solutions to streamline the partnership computations.
- Deliver value to client experiencing a public offering
(including SPACs) and interact with external counsel, underwriters,
client executives, and capital market professionals through the SEC
public filing process.
- Use proprietary technologies to assist clients in streamlining
their tax computations processes.
- Assume tax-planning responsibilities for our federal tax
clients and actively participate in client strategy meetings.
- Determine and solve for complexities with the U.S. federal
income tax impact of public offerings.
- Spend a large amount of time at client locations across the
United States for the purpose of meeting client deadlines.
- Mentor and develop junior staff including in our U.S. India
office, providing leadership, counseling, career guidance, and
guidance on issues related to work/life fit.
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within
Deloitte Tax LLP made up of a number of tax service offerings. Each
NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a
tax planning idea, a marketplace driver, or a technological
innovation - all with the purpose of delivering results for our
clients. Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always
had the work-hard/play-hard mentality. NFTS service lines provide
tax planning for the largest organizations across all
In the Operational Partnership Services service line, which is a
part of the Partnership Solutions Group within NFTS, Operational
Partnership Services professionals counsel privately-held and
publicly-traded partnerships across the United States on a wide
range of federal tax and issues involving Up-C, mergers,
acquisitions, divestitures, initial public offerings (IPO),
post-offering assistance, and process design and improvement.
Operational Partnership Services is the leading provider of
umbrella partnership C corporations (Up-C) services, using
propriety technology (iPACS.SubK) developed and deployed by
Operational Partnership Services in serving our clients that
assists clients both pre and post public offering process. The
Operational Partnership Services practice is also heavily involved
in the implementation of tax receivable agreements that are
executed as part of advanced reorganization transactions that are
typically associated with Up-Cs. Industries served by the
Operational Partnership Services practice include private equity,
real estate, telecom, technology, healthcare, media &
entertainment, energy, retail, and financial services that
frequently involve asset management, venture capital, and
international outbound joint ventures. Come join the team!
- One year (1)+ year of experience in federal partnership
- Bachelors degree in accounting or business-related field
- Numerical-problem-solving focus
- One of the following accreditations obtained, in process, or
willing/able to obtain:
- Licensed CPA in state of practice/primary office if eligible to
sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Ability to travel 15%, on average, based on the work you do and
the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication
- Advanced degree such as master's in science of tax (MST), MAcc,
JD, or LL.M
- CPA, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification (or
willing to obtain)
- Big 4 or comparable experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced, team environment
- Demonstrated research skills
- Self-starter and demonstrated ability to effectively handle
multiple, competing priorities
- Aptitude in MS Project, Word, Excel, and Visio
- Alteryx experience
For individuals assigned and/or hired to work in Colorado or
Nevada, Deloitte is required by law to include a reasonable
estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation
range is specific to the State of Colorado and the State of Nevada
and takes into account the wide range of factors that are
considered in making compensation decisions including but not
limited to skill sets; experience and training; licensure and
certifications; and other business and organizational needs. The
disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable
geographic differential associated with the location at which the
position may be filled. At Deloitte, it is not typical for an
individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their
role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and
circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current
range is $60,800 to $91,200.
Keywords: Deloitte, St. Louis , Tax Consultant II - PSG - Operating Partnership Services, Accounting, Auditing , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!