VP Chief Safety & Compliance Officer
Company: Post Holdings, Inc.
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Business Unit OverviewPost Holdings, Inc. is a consumer packaged
goods holding company. Formed in 2012, we started with cereal.
Since then we have expanded our portfolio through transformative
acquisitions to include foodservice, refrigerated retail,
private-label and global brands. Our corporate office offers
challenging and complex roles that -support our operating
companies. ResponsibilitiesThe VP, Chief Safety & Compliance
Officer will lead and provide oversight of the Quality Food Safety
(QFS), Environmental Health & Safety (EHS), and the Global Ethics
and Compliance areas. The position is responsible for identifying
and assessing areas of risk and assuring that the appropriate
mitigation steps have been taking to address such risks. In
collaboration with our Business Units, this position will help set
and implement strategic direction for these areas, and report
metrics and risk management efforts to Executive Leadership and the
Board of Directors.Business Planning
- Create and share the overall vision for food safety and
quality, employee health & safety, and global compliance and ethics
programs to set the appropriate standards for the company.
- Set goals for the company and makes recommendations on the
priorities to accomplish those goals.
- Achieve goals by influencing the build and delivery of short
and longer-term strategies with the Business Units.
- Lead the build of metrics to measure success of the strategies
and opportunities for improvement.
- Plans and directs resources and activities that support the
QFS, EHS, and Compliance teams. Manages annual operating
budget.Risk Management Leadership
- Implements an effective quality& food safety, health & safety,
and compliance program that ensures the program effectively
prevents and/or detects violation of law, regulations, and company
policies, including managing responses to regulatory agencies such
as OSHA/EPA, OFAC.
- Facilitates collaboration and the sharing of knowledge and
resources across our business units.
- Oversees the long-term strategies that enhance Safety and Risk
Management Process (SRMP).
- Counsel on activities to ensure compliance with policies,
international, federal, state, and local regulations, in areas to
include OSHA, EPA, Ministry of labour ('the ACT"), Ministry of
Environment (MOE), ANSI, and ADA.
- Provides hazard assessment guidance for injury loss prevention,
property protection, and business continuity planning efforts.
- Lead the benchmarking of company policies, procedures, systems,
and controls to evaluate program effectiveness, including analyzing
trends and data across the Company.
- Monitor developments and changes to applicable guidance (e.g.,
DOJ, OFAC) and apply improvement strategies to the business.
- Support acquisitions with appropriate due diligence.
- Manage the anonymous telephone reporting system ("Speak Up
Line") and take appropriate actions to mitigate risk.
- Lead the third-party due diligence process.
- Is a member of the ESG Committee. Provides resources to support
overall objectives of ESG.Investigations and Audits
- Collaborate with Business Units on the response to
investigations and audits for customer and consumer issues to
ensure appropriate implementation of corrective and preventative
- Supports manufacturing facilities during Regulatory, Customer,
and 3rd party audits and assists in corrective actions as
necessary. Ensures non-compliance elements are addressed.
- Advise business units on the resolution needed to timely and
appropriately satisfy regulatory matters regarding customer and
- Evaluates audits across the enterprise and identifies trends
and key risk areas. Supports activities to mitigate risks.Training
- Stay apprised of industry and company trends in the quality,
health & safety, and compliance area.
- Network with industry associations, companies, industry
professionals, and regulatory bodies to broaden and deepen
- Foster continuous collaboration and knowledge sharing across
all business units.
- Oversee global training and policy management platforms.
- Supports resources needed for training across the
- Oversee the reports and/or updates regarding the programs for
quality, health & safety and compliance for executive leaders,
Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, internal and external
- Presents timely updates to executive leaders, Audit Committee
of the Board of Directors, internal and external auditors on
metrics and risk management efforts.Resource and Talent Management
- Develop leadership across the company to support growth and
- Identify opportunities for talent across the company to address
resourcing gaps and provide development.This is a HYBRID role. -
Work from home Monday and Friday, in the office Tuesday, Wednesday,
and Thursday. QualificationsEXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 15 or more years of progressive experience in Food
Manufacturing, Food Safety, Quality, Operations or R&D
- Previous experience in oversight of Food Safety programs in
multiple locations is strongly desired
- Direct experience with GFSI certification schemes (SQF, BRC,
etc.) is preferred
- Relevant experience working with large public corporations in
global compliance programs preferredBEHAVIORS:
- Strong interpersonal skills, along with supporting verbal and
written communications skills
- Strong business perspective that includes the ability to
interact effectively with all levels of employees and
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Persuasive, diplomatic, and possess creative
- Action-oriented and the capacity to drive for results
- 10 or more years of relevant experience working with large
public corporations in global compliance programs
- Efficient computer skills with advanced knowledge of Microsoft
Office and SharePoint preferredEDUCATION: - - -
- Bachelor's degree in food science, safety, environmental
health, or related fieldTRAVEL:
Keywords: Post Holdings, Inc., St. Louis , VP Chief Safety & Compliance Officer, Accounting, Auditing , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!