Company: The Westin St. Louis
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Assist Controller in directing the financial activities of the
hotel, safeguarding the assets, and preparing all financial reports
in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and HEI
Hotels and Resorts Standards.
- Sort and verify accuracy of Night Audit work (primarily
receivables aspect), i.e. including reconciliation of banquet check
extensions, coding of banquets at cost, review and route sales and
promotion checks with back-up. Record department administration
phone calls and inform Controller of any potential concern.
- Post city ledger payments in property management system,
reconcile and bill all city ledger accounts. Perform follow-up
billing and credit collection documentation and inform Controller
of any potential uncollectible accounts.
- Reconcile credit card back-up to General Cashier Summary and
inform Controller of any discrepancies. Bill out credit cards
(AMEX, DINERS, etc.). Maintain accurate and legible logs for all
- Set up new accounts in accordance with established credit
- Assist in reconciling open account status items.
- Input General Cashier Summary and maintain binder.
- File and distribute credit card cancellations, bulletins and
credit warnings. Process and follow-up on all returned checks
accepted as cash payment. Record General Ledger and City Ledger
- Verify that purchasing procedures are followed, i.e.: purchase
order price compared to invoice price, purchase order quantity
compared to invoice quantity, ensure that the purchase order number
is valid. Maintain an accurate, up to date Purchase Order Log.
- Route invoices with purchase order attached to department heads
and Executive Committee members for approval. Ensure account coding
is accurate and all invoices are being returned on a timely
- Process all approved invoices for payment, ensure all appropriate
signatures and back-up attached.
- Pay all hotel invoices in a timely manner ensuring accuracy of
amount paid, account coding, invoice extension and that all
discounts are taken.
- Handle all vendor inquiries and reconcile vendor statements.
- Maintain open invoices file, paid invoices file and voided check
file in an organized and up-to-date manner.
- Interface checks and submit a log of all manual checks to the
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
The Westin St. Louis boasts 255 oversized modern loft-style rooms
and suites, 17,000 square feet of smart meeting space featuring
natural light, and a premier downtown location. We are easily
accessed via the MetroLink light rail system with a stop just
outside our door. At the Westin St. Louis we offer full benefits,
retirement plans and wellness incentives. Our associates receive
free meals during their working hours, discounted parking and
public transportation passes. Our focus is on our team's
development and growth and to support this we have a tuition
reimbursement program. Not only can associates work in a positive
and fun environment, but our team is involved in the local
community in giving back. Apply now to join our ever-growing
team!We value U.S. military experience and invite all qualified
military candidates to apply.
Keywords: The Westin St. Louis, St. Louis , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!