Collections Assistant (part-time, remote)
Company: Graybar Electric Company, Inc.
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Make a difference.
As a Cash Application Specialist, you will assist financial
management in safeguarding Company assets by following proper
accounting procedures that ensure payments are accurately and
properly applied to customer accounts.
This is a part-time position, working from home with flexible
In this role you will:
* Process daily payment exceptions in both SAP and High Radius
Accounts Receivable system
* Apply Non-POS customer credit card payments accurately and
according to customer specifications
* Review and accurately post Accounts Receivable journal entries;
issue customer refunds as submitted by financial personnel
* Review and correctly apply all miscellaneous customer account
application requests received via the SAP workflow system, ensuring
compliance with appropriate General Instructions
* Clear vendor product certificates against posted customer
deductions; clear customer account postings for Tax on Cash
Discount as directed
* Identify improvement opportunities and assist in implementing
What you bring to the table:
* Previous relevant experience with SAP and lockbox post
* 4 year degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Marketing, or
Business Administration preferred
* Understanding of debits and credits as related to Cash
Application and Accounts Receivable
* Interpersonal and communication skills with ability to work
independently or as a member of a team
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask,
effectively prioritize and manage workflow, and meet deadlines
under conditions of fluctuating workload
* Ability to deal with confidential information, including internal
data, external data, and communications
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely via phone, email and
* Ability to assess a problem and promptly resolve it or escalate
Why should you join Graybar?
At Graybar, our employees are the heart and soul of our company. We
believe that employees with diverse perspectives bring the ideas
and innovative thinking we need to solve our biggest challenges and
compete in an ever-changing world. Consistent with our values, we
welcome people from all backgrounds, cultures and experiences into
our company because we believe it's the right thing to do and the
right way to run our business.
We want each of our employees to know that they matter and to feel
a sense of belonging, ownership and inclusion at Graybar. We
believe that everyone should be treated with dignity and respect,
and we work to build a collaborative environment where our
employees have the opportunity to grow, learn and make a
difference, both as individuals and as part of the team.
That's what our employee ownership culture is all about: working as
one team and moving forward together, while honoring the unique
value each person brings to our company.
Apply now and find out what's next for you.
Whether you are just starting your career or have years of
experience, you will be proud to work for a thriving company with a
solid foundation. Come see why Graybar is continually ranked as a
top employer across the country.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled
Not the right fit? Let us know you're interested in a future
opportunity by clicking Introduce Yourself in the top-right corner
of the page or create an account to set up email alerts as new job
postings become available that meet your interest!#06022021
Keywords: Graybar Electric Company, Inc., St. Louis , Collections Assistant (part-time, remote), Accounting, Auditing , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!