Accounting/Purchasing Assistant II
Company: Washington University School of Medicine in St. Lo
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Position SummaryPosition handles all aspects of purchasing.
Maintains journals, reconciles and reports Accounts Receivable,
processes daily cash receipts, divisional audits, and departmental
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per
This position is in the Department of Radiation Oncology and is for
the Medical School Campus.
For full job description and to apply, please visit jobs.wustl.edu,
Job ID 51280.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Orders supplies and equipment, making price and specification
comparisons and accepts bids.
- Maintains receipts and refunds on FIS and IDX and resolving
- Prepares journals to allocate income, verifying accuracy of
refunds, discounts, corrections and charges to the correct
- Handles maintenance contracts and renewals reviewing and
updating as needed in coordination with appropriate personnel and
processes payment of services and goods received in areas of
responsibility by appropriate documentation or process.
- Performs various audits within the division and maintains
receipts of daily deposits.
- Maintains files, varied accounting reports and purchasing
- Processes payments from mail and lock box, tracking daily
- Performs receiving functions for supplies or equipment not on
purchase orders and monitors incorrect orders and damaged goods
from vendors, returning for merchandise credit or replacement
- Assists with/handles special projects, annual budget and
- Distributes paychecks, handles petty cash, and distributes
monthly payroll calendars.
- Monitors reports for the department and the University.
Required QualificationsHigh school diploma or equivalent high
school certification, with some college accounting course work, and
five years of experience in accounting/purchasing, or the
equivalent of five years of related college level education and
experience in accounting, finance, purchasing and/or
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Working knowledge of general office equipment and computers
with accounting, including experience in FIS system utilization or
other related financial systems.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Effective organization skills with ability to prioritize
Salary RangeThe hiring range for this position is $16.31 - $20.39
Pre-Employment ScreeningAll external candidates receiving an offer
for employment will be required to submit to pre-employment
screening for this position. Current employees applying for a new
position within the university may be subject to this requirement.
The screenings will include a criminal background check and, as
applicable for the position, other background checks, drug screen,
employment and education or licensure/certification verification,
physical examination, certain vaccinations and/or governmental
registry checks. All offers are contingent upon successful
completion of required screening.
BenefitsThis position is eligible for full-time benefits. Please
click the following link to view a summary of benefits:
EOE StatementWashington University is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Washington University School of Medicine in St. Lo, St. Louis , Accounting/Purchasing Assistant II, Accounting, Auditing , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!