Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
Company: Post Holdings, Inc.
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: February 25, 2021
All our innovations and accomplishments begin with the work of
talented people. At Post Holdings, we give our employees the
resources they need to grow a career, no matter where they're
starting from. We're seeking innovative thinkers, ready to take on
everyday challenges and realize their own potential. And it all
happens in an environment that respects the relationship between
work and life. Responsible for a variety of financial duties
surrounding the planning, analysis, and reporting functions for the
8 th Avenue business consisting of $1.0 billion in annual sales.
This includes periodic reporting of financial results, monthly
forecasts, the annual budget process, strategic planning, variance
analysis, data consolidation, competitor analysis, and special
projects. Partner with all relevant 8 th Avenue Finance functions
to provide financial guidance and analytics to support key
decision-making to ensure corporate and segment objectives are
achieved. Also, actively participate in key Finance functional
initiatives. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding of business implications and proactive problem
solving to help 8 th Avenue leadership deliver business
- Be an active strategic partner to the 8 th Avenue business by
partnering with Finance leadership and key internal customers.
- Look behind the numbers and influence decisions that go along
with them through value-added analysis.
- Monitor, research and analyze the business environment to
provide data, analysis, and recommendations based on key business
drivers such as overall industry and market trends, customer
assessments, and competitor analysis.
- Own the planning and forecasting processes across 8 th
- Planning, budgeting, and forecasting process design and
- Work with key Finance leaders to analyze volume and financial
results as well as provide management with potential opportunities
and risks to the segments' financial position.
- Lead and manage reporting and development of communication with
corporate parent and private equity partner.
- Lead Finance functional initiatives as requested
- Provide formal and informal training on financial concepts and
systems to team members.
- Manage, develop and train team level Senior Finance
Analysts/Finance Analysts in initiatives, strategies, and processes
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting required
- Ten plus years of experience in financial analysis and data
- Experience with P&L management
- Experience in the CPG industry Preferred Education, Experience,
- MBA/CPA preferred
- Demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity, change, and a
dynamic business environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Self-motivation in a fast pace environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships and
partnerships with internal customers, peers and effectively
managing those relationships
- Demonstrated project management experience leading multiple
stage projects from conception to completion
- Proven understanding of generally accepted accounting
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access,
PowerPoint, etc.), and relevant financial systems
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills. Ability to leverage
analytics, benchmarking, and insights to generate meaningful
financial strategies and solutions Qualifications Education
Required Bachelors or better in Accounting or related field.
Experience Required 10 years: Experience in financial analysis and
data management Experience with P&L management and CPG industry
Preferred MBA/CPA Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Current Employees: Please enter your email address below, and then
use the icons to let people know about this great opportunity! We
have our sights set on the next big thing - and we want you there
for it. Sign up for job alerts and discover your next opportunity.
Post Holdings is an equal opportunity employer and gives
consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard
to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex,
gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic
information, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or
a physical or mental disability.
Keywords: Post Holdings, Inc., St. Louis , Director, Financial Planning & Analysis, Accounting, Auditing , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!