Company: Mueller Prost
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 15, 2020
Description: The Tax Supervisor effectively supervises several
engagements simultaneously, ensuring optimum client satisfaction.
This position is responsible for leading staff, instructing them in
work to be performed, reviewing completed work, and directing
necessary revisions. Under minimal supervision, accepts
responsibility for the successful outcome of client engagements;
performs a wide variety of advanced accounting functions. This
position can be based out of our Clayton or St. Charles, MO
offices.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Responsible overseeing multiple projects / engagements,
ensuring client satisfaction, timely completion, and staff
- Performs a broad range of diversified advanced accounting
functions, demonstrating thorough knowledge of tax accounting and
- Under direction of a manager or partner, oversees the planning
and scheduling of client engagements.
- Can be relied upon to solve any problems encountered, offer
recommendations for improvement of relevant client business
practices, and to ensure successful completion of engagements in a
timely and accurate fashion.
- Oversees, trains, and instructs lower level staff positions;
shares knowledge and provides positive honest feedback and
guidance; effectively delegates and leverages work to ensure client
satisfaction and staff development.
- Assists in the development of tax policies and procedures for
- Efficiently and accurately prepares, reviews, and revises work
- Communicates on behalf of client to tax authorities, including
notices and examinations.
- Prepares complicated tax returns for individual, corporate,
partnership, and others.
- Prepares correspondence; processes reports; develops/maintains
spreadsheets; conducts research of complex technical issues as
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge and understanding of tax
compliance and relevant matters.
- Demonstrates ability to monitor project status to meet budgets,
deadlines and quality control standards; appropriately prioritizes
- Understanding of firm metrics and timely manages client
- Demonstrates an understanding of clients' business, and of the
unique aspects of each client's industry.
- Meets w/clients on a regular basis, develops business
familiarity through client interaction; returns all phone calls in
a prompt and professional manner.
- Readily displays the attributes of an effective and competent
firm representative; demonstrating a high level of expertise in one
or more specialized industry areas.
- Assumes responsibility for client workload; anticipates or
recognizes problems/issues and recommends solutions in a timely
manner, keeping partner informed as needed.
- Actively promotes and facilitates teamwork throughout the
- Clearly and effectively communicates orally and in
- Develops and maintains referral network; actively pursues
opportunities for firm growth; promotes the firm's practice to
existing and potential clients, identifying additional client
- Maintain and expand professional skills via CPE and other
- Contribute to the firm's objectives by fostering a positive
environment with personal cooperation and a good attitude.
- Demonstrate firm's objective of integrity and professional
compassion by treating others fairly and with respect.
- Exhibit professional conduct towards visitors, clients and
fellow employees through appearance and manner.
- Maintains good attendance arrives on time and provides adequate
notice of needed absences.PM20. Requirements: WHAT WE SEEKThe
Supervisor position requires a minimum of four (4) years of
progressively responsible experience in public accounting, with
demonstrated advanced knowledge of tax accounting and proven
experience in supervising staff and reviewing work performed by
them for accuracy, technical understanding of tax laws as well as
opportunities for clients. Also requires, at a minimum, a
bachelor's degree in accounting or related field and a regularly
maintained CPA license is highly preferred. Must possess
proficiency in Microsoft Office package, and the ability to quickly
become proficient in the firm's other information technology tools.
Experience with CCH software packages is recommended, but not
required. Qualified candidates will also possess excellent written
and oral communication skills, self-accountable with the strong
ability to plan and organize work for self and others, and strong
interpersonal and supervisory skills. Must be a strategic thinker
and possess the ability to market the firm's services. Proven
experience in business development or strong desire to further
develop are recommended but not required.ABOUT MUELLER PROSTMueller
Prost is an equal opportunity employer and a firm believer in
work-life balance. We invite you to learn more about our firm by
visiting our website at .
- Best Places to Work 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 & 2020 Winner, St.
Louis Business Journal
- Largest Accounting Firms List, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019,
St. Louis Business Journal
- The 2020 Regional Leaders - Top 100 Firms: Midwest, Accounting
- Who's Who in Law and Accounting 2015, St. Louis Business
- Top 200 Fastest Growing Firms, 2018, Inside Public
Keywords: Mueller Prost, St. Louis , Tax Supervisor, Accounting, Auditing , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!