Sr Cost Accountant
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 24, 2020
A strong Scientific and technological pioneering spirit drives
bioM--rieux development since its creation in 1963. We design
innovative in vitro diagnostic solutions for our customers that
initiate new forms of scientific partnerships to be at the
forefront of the most advanced technologies. Our presence in more
than 150 countries with 9,400 employees worldwide secures
bioM--rieux commitment to public health.
bioM--rieux products are used to diagnose infectious diseases, they
provide high medical value results for cancer screening and
monitoring, cardiovascular emergencies and contamination to improve
patient health and ensure consumer safety. Products also include
industrial microbiological controls to detect microorganisms in
food, pharmaceutical and cosmetic products.
We are committed to creating an optimal work environment that
fosters teamwork, emphasizes training and offers international
career development opportunities.
The purpose of this job is to serve as a business partner with the
reagent manufacturing organization to provide financial analysis
and support, perform Instruments monthly closing activities, assist
in preparing the annual budgets and long range plans and provide
reporting tied in with these processes.
Our ideal candidate is someone who is analytical, eager to learn
and can offer solutions to problems. Has the experience and ability
to maintain an effective financial control environment which
includes appropriate controls over the company's assets and strict
adherence to company policies. Must be able to maintain financial
data integrity in compliance with group accounting policy and
international accounting standards.
Specific job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Preparing accurate month end closing entries and perform other
close related activities in a timely manner to ensure the Finance
Department is able to publish financial statements by the due
- Analyzing manufacturing variances, COGM, OPEX and production
activities and help Instruments management understand any
deviations from budget and identify cost reduction
- Preparing accurate and timely monthly operational reports for
Instruments (OPSC) to summarize results and provide explanations
for any deviations from budget.
- Maintaining and update standard cost to ensure proper cost of
goods sold results and accurate inventory costing /
- Preparing and presenting the budgeted cost of goods
manufactured, labor and overhead rates, headcount, capital and
non-quality costs etc.
- Provide any ad hoc reports, answer questions in regards to
financial issues, and provide overall assistance as
- Support and lead ad-hoc projects which could include, headcount
reporting simplification, Purchase Order closure process
robustness, Capital expenditure monitoring, evaluating and
- Continuous Improvement performance, migration of reporting to
Tableau; review of allocation cycles and processes; costing run
model implementation, etc.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Education required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting at a
minimum. A Master's Degree in Accounting, or a CPA are of interest,
but not required
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years' experience required.
- Ability to earn the trust of Instruments management by becoming
part of the team.
- Provide financial leadership to non-finance professionals and
coach / educate on financial matters.
- SAP experience in Controlling module is required.
- Must be analytical, possesses good communication, interpersonal
and organizational skills.
- Microsoft Office Products experience required with Excel
proficiency a must.
- Must also have knowledge of general accounting concepts.
Specific knowledge of cost accounting concepts to include standard
or actual cost systems and manufacturing variances is a
- Experience with other Financial Budget & Reporting tools such
as OPERA, PRISM, COFIS, I4C a plus but not a required.
- Some travel will be required.
bioM--rieux is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
M/F/Vet/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Keywords: Biom--rieux, St. Louis , Sr Cost Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!